Cembre RHU1000 Presshead (Overhead Lines & Substation Connectors)
Cembre RHU1000 is a hydraulic presshead crimping tool complete with quick automatic coupler for connection to a hydraulic pump with a working pressure of 700 bar max.
RHU1000 is a 1,100 kN hydraulic presshead for full tension, transmission and substation connection.
RHU1000 presshead will accept all semi-circular slotted dies common to most 100 ton heads as the Alcoa ones. The standard version must be operated by a single acting pump; possibility to convert from single to double acting by substitution of the breather valve with a female quick coupling.
The presshead weighs 50.6kg and is supplied in a robust steel case which is suitable for storage of the crimper head tool – used to joint and terminate lugs or connectors on LV MV HV cables including 11kV/33kV medium/high voltage electrical systems.
Cembre RHU1000 Presshead
- The Cembre RHU1000 presshead is equipped with a “self-lock” quick male coupler which can be connected to a Cembre pneumatic or electric pump
- Select the appropriate die set for the connectors (crimp lugs or splices) for use with the presshead
- Open the latch and release the upper die holder of the hydraulic crimping tool or presshead
- Insert one die into the upper die holder and one die into the lower die holder
- Close the latch on the presshead
- Insert the conductor into the connector (crimp lug or splice)
- Locate the connector between the crimping dies at the desired crimp position
- Operate the pump to advance the main ram of the Cembre RHU1000
- Continue to operate the pump, the ram will gradually advance until crimp dies meet
- Recommended to keep pumping until the maximum pressure valve is activated and a “click” is heard
- After crimping completion press the release lever to release oil pressure
- Recommend only Cembre Lugs & Connectors are used with Cembre tooling
Cembre RHU1000 comes with VAL1000 steel case.
CEMBRE RHU1000 Presshead
|Cembre RHU1000 Presshead Specification|
|Crimping Force Developed||1100kN|
|Type of Action||Crimp|
|Nominal Pressure Of Presshead||700 bar|
➡ For Cembre electrical connections, see Cable Crimps, Lugs & Connectors
Contact T&D to discuss crimping cables at MV-HV, including 11kV-33kV, to ensure correct Cembre tool, lug/splice and die set selection – visit battery crimping tools for repetitive crimping of cables without strain injury or worker fatigue.
Full range of battery cable cutting tools also available.