Cembre RHU600 Presshead (2156MM Crimping Tool)
Cembre RHU600 is a hydraulic presshead crimping tool complete with quick automatic coupler for connection to a hydraulic pump with a working pressure of 10,000 psi max.
RHU600 presshead main applications include “U” Alcoa series die and “L” Burndy seires die, etc and aluminium and copper max size 2156 MCM.
The presshead weighs 22.4kg and is supplied in a robust steel case which is suitable for storage of the crimper head tool – used to joint and terminate lugs or connectors on LV MV HV cables including 11kV/33kV medium/high voltage electrical systems.
Cembre RHU600 Presshead
- The Cembre RHU600 presshead is equipped with a “self-lock” quick male coupler which can be connected to a Cembre pneumatic or electric pump
- Select the appropriate die set for the connectors (crimp lugs or splices) for use with the presshead
- Open the latch and release the upper die holder of the hydraulic crimping tool or presshead
- Insert one die into the upper die holder and one die into the lower die holder
- Close the latch on the presshead tool
- Insert the conductor into the connector (crimp lug or splice)
- Locate the connector between the crimping dies at the desired crimp position
- Operate the pump to advance the main ram of the Cembre RHU600
- Continue to operate the pump, the ram will gradually advance until crimp dies meet
- Recommended to keep pumping until the maximum pressure valve is activated and a “click” is heard
- After crimping completion press the release lever to release oil pressure
- Recommend only Cembre Lugs & Connectors are used with Cembre tooling
Cembre RHU600 comes with VAL600 steel case.
CEMBRE RHU600 Presshead
|Cembre RHU600 Presshead Specification|
|Crimping Force Developed||600kN|
|Type of Action||Crimp|
|Weight RHU600 (head with support)||22.4kg|
|Weight RHU600-WS (head without support)||19kg|
|Weight SH600 (support)||3.4kg|
|Nominal Pressure Of Presshead||10,000 psi|
➡ For Cembre electrical connections, see Cable Crimps, Lugs & Connectors
Contact T&D to discuss crimping cables at MV-HV, including 11kV-33kV, to ensure correct Cembre tool, lug/splice and die set selection – visit battery crimping tools for repetitive crimping of cables without strain injury or worker fatigue.
Full range of battery cable cutting tools also available.