Cembre RHU231 Presshead (Up To 500sqmm Aluminium Crimping Tool)
Cembre RHU231 is a hydraulic presshead crimping tool complete with quick automatic coupler for connection to a hydraulic pump with a working pressure of 700 bar max.
RHU231 presshead suitable for the compression of electrical connectors on copper conductors up to 630sqmm (1250MCM) and aluminium conductors up to 500sqmm (1000MCM).
The presshead weighs 6.4kg and is supplied in a robust steel case which is suitable for storage of the crimper head tool and crimping dies – used to joint and terminate lugs or connectors on LV MV HV cables including 11kV/33kV medium/high voltage electrical systems.
Cembre RHU231 Presshead
- The Cembre RHU231 presshead is equipped with a “self-lock” quick male coupler which can be connected to a Cembre pneumatic or electric pump
- Select the appropriate die set for the connectors (crimp lugs or splices) for use with the RHU231 presshead
- Open the latch and release the upper die holder of the hydraulic crimping tool or presshead
- Insert one die into the upper die holder and one die into the lower die holder
- Close the latch on the tool
- Insert the conductor into the connector (crimp lug or splice)
- Locate the connector between the crimping dies at the desired crimp position
- Operate the pump to advance the main ram of the Cembre RHU231
- Continue to operate the pump, the ram will gradually advance until crimp dies meet
- Recommended to keep pumping until the maximum pressure valve is activated and a “click” is heard
- After crimping completion press the release lever to release oil pressure
- Recommend only Cembre Lugs & Connectors are used with Cembre tooling
Cembre RHU231 comes with VAL 231 steel case.
CEMBRE RHU231 Presshead
|Cembre RHU231 Presshead Specification|
|Crimping Force Developed||230kN|
|Type of Action||Crimp|
|Nominal Pressure Of Presshead||700 bar|
➡ For Cembre electrical connections, see Cable Crimps, Lugs & Connectors
Contact T&D to discuss crimping cables at MV-HV, including 11kV-33kV, to ensure correct Cembre tool, lug/splice and die set selection – visit battery crimping tools for repetitive crimping of cables without strain injury or worker fatigue.
Full range of battery cable cutting tools also available.