Cembre RHU450 Presshead (1000sqmm Crimping Tool)
Cembre RHU450 is a hydraulic presshead crimping tool complete with quick automatic coupler for connection to a hydraulic pump with a working pressure of 700 bar max.
RHU450 presshead will accept die sets common to Cembre 130kN hydraulic crimping tools.
Adaptor type AU 450 130 D is available as an optional extra enabling the head to utilise the semi-circular slotted dies.
The presshead weighs 10.6kg and has an application range suitable for installing compression connectors for conductors up to 1000sqm (2000 MCM)
Cembre RHU450 Presshead
- The presshead is equipped with a “self-lock” quick male coupler which can be connected to a Cembre pneumatic or electric pump
- Select the appropriate die set for the connectors (crimp lugs or splices) for use with the presshead
- Open the latch and release the upper die holder of the hydraulic crimping tool or presshead
- Insert one die into the upper die holder and one die into the lower die holder
- Close the latch on the tool
- Insert the conductor into the connector (crimp lug or splice)
- Locate the connector between the crimping dies at the desired crimp position
- Operate the pump to advance the main ram
- Continue to operate the pump, the ram will gradually advance until crimp dies meet
- Recommended to keep pumping until the maximum pressure valve is activated and a “click” is heard
- After crimping completion press the release lever to release oil pressure
- Recommend only Cembre Lugs & Connectors are used with Cembre tooling
Cembre RHU450 comes with VAL 450 steel case.
CEMBRE RHU450 Presshead
|Cembre RH50 Presshead Specification|
|Crimping Force Developed||130kN|
|Type of Action||Crimp|
|Nominal Pressure Of Presshead||700 bar|
➡ For Cembre electrical connections, see Cable Crimps, Lugs & Connectors
Contact T&D to discuss crimping cables at MV-HV, including 11kV-33kV, to ensure correct Cembre tool, lug/splice and die set selection – visit battery crimping tools for repetitive crimping of cables without strain injury or worker fatigue.
Full range of battery cable cutting tools also available.