Cembre RHU131-C Presshead (LV 400sqmm HV 400sqmm)
Cembre RHU131-C is a hydraulic presshead crimping tool complete with quick automatic coupler for connection to a hydraulic pump with a working pressure of 700 bar max.
RHU131-C presshead will accept die sets common to Cembre 130kN hydraulic crimping tools.
The RHU131-C hydraulic crimping head is suitable for installing the same range of cable lugs, crimp connectors and terminals as Cembre HT 131-UC
The presshead weighs 3.7kg, accepts the semi-circular slotted dies and compatible with accessories for preforming the “deep stepped indent” system of crimping on aluminium cables – used to joint and terminate lugs or connectors on LV MV HV cables including 11kV/33kV medium/high voltage electrical systems.
|LV Cable Lugs Splices||C Sleeve Connectors||HV Cable Lugs Splices|
Cembre RHU131-C Presshead
- The Cembre RHU131-C presshead is equipped with a “self-lock” quick male coupler which can be connected to a Cembre pneumatic or electric pump
- Select the appropriate die set for the connectors (crimp lugs or splices) for use with the presshead
- Open the latch and release the upper die holder of the hydraulic crimping tool or presshead
- Insert one die into the upper die holder and one die into the lower die holder
- Close the latch on the presshead tool
- Insert the conductor into the connector (crimp lug or splice)
- Locate the connector between the crimping dies at the desired crimp position
- Operate the pump to advance the main ram of the tool
- Continue to operate the pump, the ram will gradually advance until crimp dies meet
- Recommended to keep pumping until the maximum pressure valve is activated and a “click” is heard
- After crimping completion press the release lever to release oil pressure
- Recommend only Cembre Lugs & Connectors are used with Cembre tooling
Cembre RHU131-C can be stored and tranported in VAL P26 plastic case, VAL 130-U and VAL-130 steel cases.
CEMBRE RHU131-C Presshead
|Cembre RHU131-C Presshead Specification|
|Crimping Force Developed||130kN|
|Type of Action||Crimp|
|Nominal Pressure Of Presshead||700 bar|
Die Set Options
A complete range of die sets are available for installing and crimping all types of Cembre lugs and connectors when using the RHU131-C presshead crimping tool.
|Cable Conductor Size||A Range Lugs LV 600/1000V||2A Range Lugs MV HV 11kV 33kV||Flexible Copper Lugs||ANE Nylon Insulated Lugs||CA Copper Lugs||AA Aluminium Cable Lugs||CAA Bi-Metallic Cable Lugs|
LV- HV CABLE CRIMPING APPLICATIONS
Cembre RHU131-C is generally used to terminate copper or aluminium conductors during the installation of LV cable glands (up to 400sqmm) or MV HV joints and terminations (up to 400sqmm).
- LV Cable Lugs & Splices – up to 400sqmm cable conductors
- HV Cable Lugs & Splices (11kV-33kV) – up to 400sqmm cable conductors
- “C” Sleeve Copper Connectors – up to 185sqmm cable conductors
- Aluminium Cable Lugs and Splices – up to 300sqmm cable conductors
➡ For Cembre electrical connections, see Cable Crimps, Lugs & Connectors
Contact T&D to discuss crimping cables at MV-HV, including 11kV-33kV, to ensure correct Cembre tool, lug/splice and die set selection – visit battery crimping tools for repetitive crimping of cables without strain injury or worker fatigue.
Full range of battery cable cutting tools also available.