Cembre RHU230-630 Presshead (LV 400sqmm HV 400sqmm)
Cembre RHU230-630 is a hydraulic presshead crimping tool complete with quick automatic coupler for connection to a hydraulic pump with a working pressure of 700 bar max.
RHU230-630 presshead will accept die sets common to Cembre 130kN hydraulic crimping tools.
Adaptor type AU230-130D is available as an optional extra enabling the head to utilise the semi-circular slotted die. Also available is a series of dies for the compression of DIN electrical connectors, and a die for cutting copper, aluminium, aldrey, aluminium-steel and steel conductors.
The RHU230-630 hydraulic crimping head allows for crimping up to 630sqmm aluminium according to HN 68 S90.
|LV Cable Lugs Splices||Aluminium Lugs Splices||C Sleeve Connectors||HV Cable Lugs Splices|
Cembre RHU230-630 Presshead
- The Cembre RHU230-630 presshead is equipped with a “self-lock” quick male coupler which can be connected to a Cembre pneumatic or electric pump
- Select the appropriate die set for the connectors (crimp lugs or splices) for use with the presshead
- Open the latch and release the upper die holder of the hydraulic crimping tool or presshead
- Insert one die into the upper die holder and one die into the lower die holder
- Close the latch on the presshead tool
- Insert the conductor into the connector (crimp lug or splice)
- Locate the connector between the crimping dies at the desired crimp position
- Operate the pump to advance the main ram
- Continue to operate the pump, the ram will gradually advance until crimp dies meet
- Recommended to keep pumping until the maximum pressure valve is activated and a “click” is heard
- After crimping completion press the release lever to release oil pressure of the Cembre RHU230-630
- Recommend only Cembre Lugs & Connectors are used with Cembre tooling
Cembre RHU230-630 should be transported in VAL 230-630 steel case.
CEMBRE RHU230-630 Presshead
|Cembre RHU230-630 Presshead Specification|
|Crimping Force Developed||230kN|
|Type of Action||Crimp|
|Nominal Pressure Of Presshead||700 bar|
LV- HV CABLE CRIMPING APPLICATIONS
Cembre RHU230-630 is generally used to terminate copper or aluminium conductors during the installation of LV cable glands (up to 400sqmm) or MV HV joints and terminations (up to 400sqmm).
- LV Cable Lugs & Splices – up to 400sqmm cable conductors
- HV Cable Lugs & Splices (11kV-33kV) – up to 400sqmm cable conductors
- “C” Sleeve Copper Connectors – up to 185sqmm cable conductors
- Aluminium Cable Lugs & Splices – up to 630sqmm cable conductors
➡ For Cembre electrical connections, see Cable Crimps, Lugs & Connectors
Contact T&D to discuss crimping cables at MV-HV, including 11kV-33kV, to ensure correct Cembre tool, lug/splice and die set selection – visit battery crimping tools for repetitive crimping of cables without strain injury or worker fatigue.
Full range of battery cable cutting tools also available.