Roxtec R Cable Transit Frame
Roxtec R Cable Transit Frame is a round frame for installation in pipe sleeves or round holes that can be cut open for installation around existing cables or pipes – the Roxtec cable seal are available both as single seals (RS) and round frames (R) for multiple cables
The Roxtec frame parts are assembled to construct different sizes and combinations of openings to accommodate and seal LV-HV cables and pipes. Suitable for installation also around existing multiple or single cables and pipes.
Roxtec round cable transit frames are used to provide a reliable cable sealing ensuring safety, efficiency and long-term operational reliability – Roxtec cable seals protect against fire, gas, water, dusts, pests, blast load and electromagnetic interference.
➡ Visit Cable Transits to view the complete range of sealing systems for cable and pipe entries on cabinets, switchgear, electrical enclosures and substations (LV 11kV 33kV 66kV 132kV) – see Rectangular Cable Seals for sealing round type cable ducts and pipe entries.
Installing Roxtec R Cable Transit Frame
Contact T&D should you require support on the installation of Roxtec R cable transit frames:
1. Remove any dirt from the sleeve/hole
2. Lubricate the cable transit frame sparsely on the outside with Roxtec Lubricant
3. Insert the Roxtec frame into the sleeve/hole. Please see table “Aperture dimensions”
4. If pipes/cables are pre-routed, an R frame can be cut open with a sharp tool. Cut the longside open between screws.For R100, cut between screw and corner
5.Push the front fittings to the sides. Lubricate the inside of the frame thoroughly, especially into the corners
6. If the transit frame is provided with a net, cut or bend the net with a sharp tool, or your fingers, to enable cables/pipes to pass through at their position in the frame
7. Pull the cables through
8. Adapt modules which are to seal cables or pipes by peeling off layers until you reach the gap seen in pic. 9. The halves may not differ by more than one layer
9. Achieve a 0.1-1.0 mm gap between the two halves when held against the cable/pipe
10. Lubricate all modules for the frame thoroughly, both the inside and the outside surfaces
11. Insert the modules and cables/pipes according to your installation plan (transit plan)
12. Push the front fittings back towards the center
13. Tighten the nuts crosswise. The frame will compress until it is sealed