Roxtec RSX Cable Transit Frame
Roxtec RSX Cable Transit Frame consists of a round penetration and sleeve solution attached to the construction through expansion, when welding is not allowed or desired – the Roxtec cable seal consists has specially designed expansion sleeve has a rubber gasket on the outside and as the bolts on the sleeve are tightened it expands in the hole to firm attachment.
The Roxtec frame parts are assembled to construct different sizes and combinations of openings to accommodate and seal LV-HV cables and pipes. Suitable for installation also around existing multiple or single cables and pipes.
Roxtec round cable transit frames are used to provide a reliable cable sealing ensuring safety, efficiency and long-term operational reliability – Roxtec cable seals protect against fire, gas, water, dusts, pests, blast load and electromagnetic interference.
➡ Visit Cable Transits to view the complete range of sealing systems for cable and pipe entries on cabinets, switchgear, electrical enclosures and substations (LV 11kV 33kV 66kV 132kV) – see Rectangular Cable Seals for sealing round type cable ducts and pipe entries.
Installing Roxtec RSX Cable Transit Frame
Contact T&D should you require support on the installation of Roxtec RSX cable transit frames:
1. Make a hole for the sleeve
2. Aperture irregularities are acceptable within minimum and maximum diameters
3. Remove all sharp edges that could damage the compression rubber
4. Insert the sealing sleeve
5. Tighten the bolts on the sleeve crosswise, in several turns. Use the same torque on each bolt
6. Remove any dirt in the sleeve
7. Pull a cable/pipe through
8. Adapt the RS seal to the cable/pipe by peeling layers from the halves until you reach the gap seen in pic.9. The halves may not differ by more than one layer
9. Achieve a 0.1–1.0 mm gap between the two halves when held against the cable/pipe
10. Lubricate thoroughly on the inside surfaces and sparsely on the outside of the seal with Roxtec Lubricant
11. Insert the halves, one by one, into the sleeve
12. Tighten the screws crosswise. The seal will compress and seal the transit frame