Roxtec R EMC Ex Cable Transit Frame
Roxtec R EMC Ex Cable Transit Frame a shielded version of the round R frame with a metal sleeve for connection to earth – the Roxtec cable seal frame has a square packing space for cables, pipes and Roxtec RM ES Ex or RM PE EX modules and integrated compression.
The cable sealing system is approved for use in hazardous area locations and potentially explosive atmospheres.
The Roxtec frame parts are assembled to construct different sizes and combinations of openings to accommodate and seal LV-HV cables and pipes in hazardous areas. Suitable for installation also around existing multiple or single cables and pipes.
Roxtec round cable transit frames are used to provide a reliable cable sealing ensuring safety, efficiency and long-term operational reliability – Roxtec cable seals protect against fire, gas, water, dusts, pests, blast load and electromagnetic interference.
➡ Visit Cable Transits to view the complete range of sealing systems for cable and pipe entries on cabinets, switchgear, electrical enclosures and substations (LV 11kV 33kV 66kV 132kV) – see Rectangular Cable Seals for sealing round type cable ducts and pipe entries.
Installing Roxtec R EMC Ex Cable Transit Frame
Contact T&D should you require support on the installation of Roxtec R EMC Ex cable transit frames:
1. Weld the sleeve to the cabinet/ wall (suggestion for welding instructions available).
2. Sleeve for bolting. Use the sleeve as template for the drilling of the screw holes. Drill Ø = 8.5 mm.
3. Attach the transit frame to the cabinet/ wall using bolts and nuts. The rubber gasket shall be placed between frame and cabinet/wall.
4. Minimum quality
5. Clean the sleeve to ensure good electrical conductivity
6. Push the front fittings to the sides
7. Lubricate sparsely the front rubber area of the seal.
8. Lubricate sparsely inside the sleeve the area that corresponds to the back rubber area
9. Remove the protection tape and insert the frame into the opening
10. Insert the cables into the frame. Keep the tape clean from dirt or lubricant
11. Mark where the outer jacket is to be removed to fit the tape position
12. Cut the outer jacket with a tool of your choice. Make sure not to damage the cable screen
13. Remove the outer jacket. Make sure cable screen is clean