Roxtec RS PE Cable Seal
Roxtec RS PE Cable Seal is a round entry seal consisting of two halves with an adaptable centre with removable layers – the Roxtec cable seal has compression integrated in the frame and allows installation around an existing cable or pipe.
The Roxtec frame parts are assembled to construct different sizes and combinations of openings to accommodate and seal LV-HV cables and pipes. Suitable for installation also around existing multiple or single cables and pipes.
Roxtec round cable transit frames are used to provide a reliable cable sealing ensuring safety, efficiency and long-term operational reliability – Roxtec cable seals protect against fire, gas, water, dusts, pests, blast load and electromagnetic interference.
➡ Visit Cable Transits to view the complete range of sealing systems for cable and pipe entries on cabinets, switchgear, electrical enclosures and substations (LV 11kV 33kV 66kV 132kV) – see Rectangular Cable Seals for sealing round type cable ducts and pipe entries.
Installing Roxtec RS PE Cable Seal
Contact T&D should you require support on the installation of Roxtec RS PE cable seals:
1. Clean the empty frame from paint, dirt etc. to secure good electrical conductivity
2. On the cable, mark where outer jacket is to be removed. Width depending on seal size. Please see Fig. 1
3. Cut the outer jacket with a tool of your choice. Make sure not to damage the cable screen
4. Remove the cable outer jacket and any plastic foil. Make sure cable screen is clean
5. Remove the protection paper from the modules and fold back the tape
6. Adapt outer layers to cable . (Fig. B pos. A)
7. Adapt inner layers to cable screen. (Fig. B pos. B)
8. Fold the adhesive tape tightly inside the module half from one side along the inner layers
9. Lift the plastic film from the folded side
10. Fold the tape on the other side tightly inside the module half. There must be no air-pockets
11. Fold the plastic film back inside the seal.
12. Lubricate the inner back rubber area of both halves of the seal sparsely with Roxtec Lubricant. Do not lubricate the film or outer back rubber area. Please see Fig. E
13. Lubricate the front rubber all around the seal. Please see Fig. E
14. Avoid getting too much lubricant on the conductive tape, lubricate inside the sleeve only where back rubber area will be located when installed. Please see Fig. E.
15. Remove the plastic film. Keep the tape clean
16. Assemble the seal around the cable
17. Install the complete seal into the sleeve
18. Tighten the screws crosswise. The seal will compress and seal the transit. Please see Fig. F and Fig. G how to indicate a tight seal and table for recommended max torque