Roxtec RS OMD Cable Transit Frame
Roxtec RS OMD Cable Transit Frame is a round seal with removable layers both on the inside and outside – the Roxtec Multidiameter technology enables the RS OMD variations to be suitable both for cables or pipes inside the seal and for the fit on the outside to the pipe sleeve or the hole.
The Roxtec frame parts are assembled to construct different sizes and combinations of openings to accommodate and seal LV-HV cables and pipes. Suitable for installation also around existing multiple or single cables and pipes.
Roxtec round cable transit frames are used to provide a reliable cable sealing ensuring safety, efficiency and long-term operational reliability – Roxtec cable seals protect against fire, gas, water, dusts, pests, blast load and electromagnetic interference.
➡ Visit Cable Transits to view the complete range of sealing systems for cable and pipe entries on cabinets, switchgear, electrical enclosures and substations (LV 11kV 33kV 66kV 132kV) – see Rectangular Cable Seals for sealing round type cable ducts and pipe entries.
Installing Roxtec RS OMD Cable Transit Frame
Contact T&D should you require support on the installation of Roxtec RS OMD cable transit frames:
1. Remove any dirt in the sleeve/ hole
2. Measure the inner diameter of the sleeve/hole
3. Adapt the seal to the sleeve/ hole by peeling off layers from the halves until you reach the right outer diameter
4. Pull the cable/pipe through
5. Adapt the seal to the cable/pipe by peeling off layers from the halves until you reach the gap seen in pic.6. The halves may not differ by more than one layer
6. Try to achieve a 0.1-1.0 mm gap between the two halves when held against the cable/pipe
7. Lubricate thoroughly on the inside surfaces and sparsely on the outside of the seal with Roxtec Lubricant
8. Insert the halves into the sleeve
9. Tighten the screws crosswise. The seal will compress and seal the cable transit frame