Roxtec RG M63 Cable Transit Frame
Roxtec RG M63 Cable Transit Frame is a compact kit sealing solution for cable cabinets with adaptable sealing modules at the centre – the Roxtec cable seal consists of three different standardised Roxtec kit configurations making it possible to seal one to nine pre terminated cables, ranging from 3.5mm to 32.5mm.
The Roxtec frame parts are assembled to construct different sizes and combinations of openings to accommodate and seal LV-HV cables and pipes. Suitable for installation also around existing multiple or single cables and pipes.
Roxtec round cable transit frames are used to provide a reliable cable sealing ensuring safety, efficiency and long-term operational reliability – Roxtec cable seals protect against fire, gas, water, dusts, pests, blast load and electromagnetic interference.
➡ Visit Cable Transits to view the complete range of sealing systems for cable and pipe entries on cabinets, switchgear, electrical enclosures and substations (LV 11kV 33kV 66kV 132kV) – see Rectangular Cable Seals for sealing round type cable ducts and pipe entries.
Installing Roxtec RG M63 Cable Transit Frame
Contact T&D should you require support on the installation of Roxtec RG M63 cable transit frames:
1. Separate the lock nut from the gland housing
2. Check that the O-ring is in the right place
3. Insert the gland in the hole. Fasten it with the lock nut. Hole dimensions 63–64 mm. Max wall thickness 4 mm
4. Pull all the cables through
5. Remove the compression screw and the front washer
6. Adapt modules which are to hold cables by peeling off layers until you reach the gap seen in pic. 7. The halves may not differ by more than one layer
7. Achieve a 0.1-1.0 mm gap between the two halves when held against the cable
8. Lubricate all modules for the frame thoroughly with Roxtec Lubricant, both the inside and the outside surfaces
9. Lubricate the compression rubber. Especially in the corners
10. Start by placing a module half at the bottom
11. Place the cables in the adapted modules
12. Add the second module half on top
13. Repeat step 10-12 until the packing space is filled
14. Put the front washer back in place. Make sure that locating tabs are properly inserted in housing grooves
15. Reinstall the compression screw. Tighten approx. 35 Nm