Roxtec RX Cable Transit Frame
Roxtec RX Cable Transit Frame consists of a round penetration and sleeve solution attached to the construction through expansion, when welding is not allowed or desired – the Roxtec cable seal consists has specially designed expansion sleeve has a rubber gasket on the outside and as the bolts on the sleeve are tightened it expands in the hole to firm attachment.
The Roxtec frame parts are assembled to construct different sizes and combinations of openings to accommodate and seal LV-HV cables and pipes. Suitable for installation also around existing multiple or single cables and pipes.
Roxtec round cable transit frames are used to provide a reliable cable sealing ensuring safety, efficiency and long-term operational reliability – Roxtec cable seals protect against fire, gas, water, dusts, pests, blast load and electromagnetic interference.
➡ Visit Cable Transits to view the complete range of sealing systems for cable and pipe entries on cabinets, switchgear, electrical enclosures and substations (LV 11kV 33kV 66kV 132kV) – see Rectangular Cable Seals for sealing round type cable ducts and pipe entries.
Installing Roxtec RX Cable Transit Frame
Contact T&D should you require support on the installation of Roxtec RX cable transit frames:
1. Make a hole for the sleeve
2. Aperture irregularities are acceptable within minimum and maximum diameters
3. Remove all sharp edges that could damage the compression rubber
4. Insert the sleeve
5. Tighten the bolts on the sleeve crosswise, in several turns. Use the same torque on each bolt
6. Remove any dirt in the sleeve
7. Lubricate the frame sparsely on the outside
8. Insert the cable transit frame into the sleeve
9. Lubricate the Roxtec frame thoroughly on the inside, especially in the corners
10. Push the front fittings to the sides
11. Cut or bend the net with a knife or your fingers to enable cables/pipes to pass through at their position
12. Pull cables/pipes through
13. Adapt modules which are to hold cables or pipes by peeling off layers until you reach the gap seen in pic. 14. The halves may not differ by more than one layer
14. Achieve a 0.1-1.0 mm gap between the two halves when held against the cable/pipe
15. Lubricate all modules for the frame thoroughly, both the inside and the outside surfaces
16. Insert the modules and cables/ pipes according to your installation plan (transit plan)
17. Push the front fittings back towards the centre
18. Tighten the nuts crosswise. The frame will compress until it is sealed