Roxtec RS PPS/S Cable Seal
Roxtec RS PPS Cable Seal is a back-to-back solution for openings with plastic pipes in walls, floors, decks and bulkheads – the Roxtec cable seal kits consists of two seals and one intumescent sealing strip and is used with a SL PPS sleeve.
The Roxtec frame parts are assembled to construct different sizes and combinations of openings to accommodate and seal LV-HV cables and pipes. Suitable for installation also around existing multiple or single cables and pipes.
Roxtec round cable transit frames are used to provide a reliable cable sealing ensuring safety, efficiency and long-term operational reliability – Roxtec cable seals protect against fire, gas, water, dusts, pests, blast load and electromagnetic interference.
➡ Visit Cable Transits to view the complete range of sealing systems for cable and pipe entries on cabinets, switchgear, electrical enclosures and substations (LV 11kV 33kV 66kV 132kV) – see Rectangular Cable Seals for sealing round type cable ducts and pipe entries.
Installing Roxtec RS PPS/S Cable Seal
Contact T&D should you require support on the installation of Roxtec RS PSS/S cable seals:
1. Remove any dirt inside the sleeve
2. Pull the plastic pipe through
3. Adapt the seal to the pipe by peeling off layers from the halves until you reach the gap seen in pic.4. The halves may not differ by more than one layer
4. Try to achieve a 0.1-1.0 mm gap between the two halves when held against the pipe
5. Lubricate thoroughly on the inside and sparsely on the outside of the rubber surfaces of the seal with Roxtec Lubricant. No need to apply lubricant to the grey intumescent material
6. Insert the halves, one by one, into the sleeve
7. Tighten the screws crosswise. This will compress and seal the RS PPS/S. See table for approx. torque. See fig. 1 and 2 for reference