Roxtec G Bolted Ex Hazardous Area Cable Transit Frame
Roxtec G Bolted Ex cable transit frames are a metal frame with a flange attached with its gasket to the structure by means of screws through pre-drilled holes in both the frame and the gasket – the Roxtec frame is suitable for installation also around existing multiple or single pre-terminated cables and pipes in one opening. Roxtec G Bolted Ex cable transit frames are approved for use in potentially explosive atmospheres and hazardous area locations.
Roxtec rectangular cable transit frames are used to provide a reliable cable sealing ensuring safety, efficiency and long-term operational reliability – Roxtec cable seals protect against fire, gas, water, dusts, pests, blast load and electromagnetic interference.
➡ Visit Cable Transits to view the complete range of sealing systems for cable and pipe entries on cabinets, switchgear, electrical enclosures and substations (LV 11kV 33kV 66kV 132kV) – see Round Cable Seals for sealing round type cable ducts and pipe entries.
Installing Roxtec G BOlted Ex Cable Transit Frames
Contact T&D should you require support on the installation of Roxtec G Bolted Ex cable transit frames hazardous area locations:
- 1. Mark a rectangular opening according to frame type.
- 2. Use the frame as template for the drilling of the screw holes. Drill Ø = 8.5 mm.
- 3. Attach the frame to the cabinet / wall using bolts and nuts (not included). The rubber gasket shall be placed between frame and cabinet/wall.
- 4. Alternative frame installation.
- 5. Minimum quality.
- 6. Note: Tighten the screws to minimum 8 Nm.