Roxtec GHM Cable Transit Frame
Roxtec GHM cable transit frames are designed for installations where welding is not suitable and is drilled for bolting according to standardised hole patterns – the Roxtec frame is suitable for installation also around existing multiple or single pre-terminated cables and pipes in one opening.
Roxtec rectangular cable transit frames are used to provide a reliable cable sealing ensuring safety, efficiency and long-term operational reliability – Roxtec cable seals protect against fire, gas, water, dusts, pests, blast load and electromagnetic interference.
➡ Visit Cable Transits to view the complete range of sealing systems for cable and pipe entries on cabinets, switchgear, electrical enclosures and substations (LV 11kV 33kV 66kV 132kV) – see Round Cable Seals for sealing round type cable ducts and pipe entries.
Installing Roxtec GHM Cable Transit Frames
Contact T&D should you require support on the installation of Roxtec GHM Ex cable transit frames:
- 1. Mark a rectangular opening according to size.
- 2. Use the frame as template for the drilling of the screw holes. Hole in flange Ø = 9 mm, (0.354”).
- 3. Attach the frame to the wall using bolts and nuts. The TSL 15×6 sealing strip shall be placed between frame and wall.
- 4. Alternative frame installation.
- 5. Tighten the screws.
- 6. Remove any dirt inside the frame.
- 7. Lubricate the inside surfaces of the frame with Roxtec Lubricant, especially into the corners.
- 1. Adapt modules which are to hold cables or pipes by peeling layers until you reach the gap seen in pic. 2.
- 2. Achieve a 0.1-1.0 mm gap between the two halves when held against the cable/pipe.
- 3. Lubricate all modules for the frame thoroughly, both the inside and the outside surfaces.
- 4. Insert the modules according to your installation plan (transit plan). Usually start with the largest modules.
- 5. Insert a stayplate on top of every finished row of modules.
- 6. Before inserting the final row of modules, insert two stayplates.
- 7. Separate the two stayplates and insert the final row of modules between the stayplates.
- 8. Drop the upper stayplate on top of the modules.
- 9. Lubricate all sides of the wedge sparsely, except front and back. Please read the markings on the wedge and turn it correctly before inserting it in the top of the frame (standard position). Face with “Stayplate this side” must always face a stayplate.
- 10. Tighten the screws until full stop, approx 20 Nm (15 ft.lb.).
- 11. Attach the Wedge Clip to the wedge bolts to check that the wedge has been properly tightened.
- 12. Optional wedge positions (anywhere within the frame).