Roxtec Swan Neck Cable Transit Frame
Roxtec Swan Neck cable transit frames are designed for roof top installations – the Roxtec frame is suitable for installation also around existing multiple or single pre-terminated cables and pipes in one opening.
Roxtec rectangular cable transit frames are used to provide a reliable cable sealing ensuring safety, efficiency and long-term operational reliability – Roxtec cable seals protect against fire, gas, water, dusts, pests, blast load and electromagnetic interference.
➡ Visit Cable Transits to view the complete range of sealing systems for cable and pipe entries on cabinets, switchgear, electrical enclosures and substations (LV 11kV 33kV 66kV 132kV) – see Round Cable Seals for sealing round type cable ducts and pipe entries.
Installing Roxtec Swan Neck Cable Transit Frames
Contact T&D should you require support on the installation of Roxtec Swan Neck cable transit frames:
- 1. Mark a rectangular opening
- 2. Use the frame as template for the drilling of the screw holes. Hole in frame Ø = 12 mm (0.472”).
- 3. Attach the frame to the roof using bolts/bolts and nuts. The rubber gasket shall be placed between frame and roof.
- 1. Remove any dirt inside the frame.
- 2. Lubricate the inside surfaces of the frame with Roxtec Assembly Gel or Roxtec Lubrucant, especially into the corners.
- 3. Adapt modules which are to hold cables or pipes by peeling layers until you reach the gap seen in pic. 4.
- 4. Achieve a 0.1-1.0 mm gap between the two halves when held against the cable/pipe.
- 5. Lubricate all modules for the frame thoroughly, both the inside and the outside surfaces.
- 6. Insert the modules according to your installation plan (transit plan). Usually start with the largest modules.
- 7. Insert a stayplate on top of the finished row of modules.
- 7b. Note that cables shall go straight through the frame.
- 8. Before inserting the final row of modules, insert two stayplates.
- 9. Separate the two stayplates and insert the final row of modules between the stayplates.
- 10. Drop the upper stayplate on top of the modules.
- 11. Lubricate all sides of the wedge sparsely, except front and back. Please read the markings on the wedge and turn it correctly before inserting it in the top of the frame (standard position). Face with “Stayplate this side” must always face a stayplate.
- 12. Note that the Roxtec Wedge can be placed anywhere in the frame.
- 13. Tighten the screws until full stop, approx. 20 Nm (15 ft.lb).
- 14. Attach the Wedge Clip to the wedge bolts to check that the wedge has been properly tightened.