UKPN Cable Protection Tapes & Covers (LV MV HV)
Published 24 Jan 2019
uploaded by Chris Dodds - Thorne & Derrick Sales & Marketing Manager
UKPN Tile Tape & Stokbord Covers
UK Power Networks, UKPN, are a UK Distribution Network Operator distributing low and high voltage electricity covering South East England, the East of England and London – we overview current UKPN recommendations and specifications for Cable Protection Tapes & Covers using Tile Tape and Stokbord cable protection products.
Note these are subject to change: check with Thorne & Derrick Sales.
This should assist LV-HV Cable Jointing, Installation & Civil Engineering Contractors installing the appropriate level of LV-HV Cable Protection for underground power cables.
T&D are Approved Vendors to UKPN and their contractors providing competitive prices and technical support for LV, MV & HV Cable Installation, Jointing, Substation & Electrical Equipment including low voltage electrical distribution feeder pillars manufactured by Lucy Zodion from the Fortress range.
All cables and cable ducts shall be protected by a cable protection tape or a Stokbord, the tape used depends upon the highest cable voltage to be protected:
- LV Service Cables – Tile Tape (40m x 200mm x 2.5mm) – UKPN Stores Code = 04040C
- LV Mains Cables – Tile Tape (40m x 200mm x 2.5mm) – UKPN Stores Code = 04040C
- 11kV MV Cables – Tile Tape (40m x 200mm x 2.5mm) – UKPN Stores Code = 04040C
- 22kV MV Cables – Tile Tape (40m x 200mm x 2.5mm) – UKPN Stores Code = 04040C
- 33kV MV Cables – Stokbord (1000mm x 244mm x 9mm) – UKPN Stores Code = 04041M
- 66kV HV Cables – Stokbord (1000mm x 244mm x 9mm) – UKPN Stores Code = 04041M
- 132kV HV Cables – Stokbord (1000mm x 244mm x 9mm) – UKPN Stores Code = 04041M
Cable protection tape or covers shall be installed so that they fully cover the width of the cable or cable duct installed below them.
- Excerpt from UKPN Engineering Construction Standard ECS 02-0019
- Installation of Underground Cables – LV to 132kV
- Document Number: ECS 02-0019
- Version: 10.0
- Date: 02/06/2015
Summary: The ECS 02-0019 Standard details the minimum requirements acceptable for the installation of new LV, 11kV, 20kV, 33kV, 66kV and 132kV cables plus associated pilot and telephone cables.
➡ View our complete range of LV-HV Cable Protection.
Cable Pulling & Laying Equipment LV HV
T&D supply Utilities & Approved Contractors with cable pulling products including cable rollers, cable socks and drum lifting jacks to enable the installation of low voltage and high voltage cables intro trench or duct: this includes single core, 3 core and Triplex 11kV/33kV power cables and LV waveform, mains and service cables.